Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pike Place Market

I guess I need to finish up with the Fourth of July weekend posting! We went to Pike Place Market to just wander around and have fun. I think it was the busiest I've ever seen it! Seth and I had fun taking pictures of everything....I mean EVERYTHING!!! I bought a beautiful bouquet of flowers and the smell filled up my house! Loved it!



Here are some pictures of the main area with the produce stands and floral vendors, etc. I didn't get any pictures of the fish throwing - not because I didn't want fish guts flung on to my camera - but they weren't really doing any exciting sales at the time we passed through. Not to mention that it was super jam packed and we were lucky to be able to stick together.





















In the shopping area across the street there's a store called Sotte Vocce. They sell infused olive oils and balsamic vinegars. It's a very fun store!! This is where we spent majority of our time. Mostly because we had fun taking pictures and the kiddos enjoyed sampling the bread and flavored oils. I loved the ceiling lanterns!









This is the olive oil that I got - thank you for the gift dad!


I love this picture of Jana & Ethan!!


After Sotte Vocce and a little (like 5 mintes) of more window shopping it was time for lunch at Lowell's. We ate lunch and had a great view of the Puget Sound.












We did a bit more walking around, but when it was time to go home....I think we were all ready!


It was a ton of fun!! Pike Place should be a must for anyone visiting Seattle! (and a great place for those who live here)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice veggies pictures :) I miss Seattle!